Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog # 1

My name is Jessica Sanders and I was born and raised in Mobile, Al. My major is elementary education and I plan to be a guidance counselor.I enjoy singing, laughing, writing poetry, attending church and eating.The University of South Alabama was my last choice while deciding which school to attend.I was born on January 13, 1991 weighing 1 pound and 3 ounces. Many people believe I am a miracle baby. I am the youngest of 5 kids.

I would like to enter the education field in order to make a change in today's society. I believe that every child has a purpose and a destiny.I also believe that it is my job to enhance and excite them into pursuing their dreams.I enjoy cooking more than cleaning. My passion in life is to push people to the point where their dreams come true. I believe that I am a fire starter, and I carry the fuel needed to make dreams come true.I am a people person and I enjoy good conversations about various things.I am a Christian and I would like to one day open my own tutoring center and also a community center.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, I am not sure why South Alabama was your last choice of schools, but I am glad you are in EDM310 with me. You are what the education system needs, teachers that care. Teachers that care about their students are the ones that make a difference in a child's life. Good luck this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very exciting to know that we will one day make a positive impact on a student's life. I too prefer cooking over cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,

    I'm glad we're teaming up together for our podcast project! Like you, I share and interest in guidance counseling. I was blessed to work as a Registrar/Admissions Counselor at a Christian College. In fact, I credit my work there as the catalyst to pursue a degree in Education. It's taken me twenty years taking a class here and there to get to this point! I am thrilled to finally take classes that pertain to our field! Aren't you? Your goals are inspiring! I look forward to encouraging each other as we work together on our project and career paths.

    ReplyDelete