Saturday, March 5, 2011

Randy Pausch Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams Blog #7

iv>


Randy Pausch talks about his childhood dreams, enabling the dreams of others, and he talks about how you can achieve your dreams or the dreams of others. The lecture starts with him going back throughout his pass childhood pictures. Every picture he seems to have a smile on his face. He says that the inspiration to dream is huge. He goes through his childhood dreams: being in zero gravity, playing in the NFL ,being Captain Kirk and winning a stuffed animal.

His first point is that brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things. I believe this is true because anything that is worth having you have to work hard for. If you do not face tension while accomplishing your dream, you will not appreciate it when it is achieved.

When you see yourself doing badly and no one cares, then something is wrong. Your critics are the ones who sit quietly and watch you fail. Adversity is good! He also talks about the power of enthusiasm. Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted. He has a lot of wisdom to share that can be used throughout life.

The film basically gives an account of him accomplishing all of his childhood dreams. This film made me revisit my childhood dream and take inventory of my life to see if I have accomplished my dreams. I really learned to trust and have perseverance in order to achieve my dreams.

3 comments:

  1. hey my name is abraheim. this seems like it would be a very helpful video to watch and share. All throughtout out my childhood even to now my father has always told me that when things are hard to keep my head up and try my best. When you accomplish things its the best satisfaction you could ask for and that will always be the best reward. how could i get to see this video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how Randy explained that childhood dreams should be about you accomplishing and seeing that dream come alive. I also like your picture that says "Believe in the Beauty of Your Dreams" this picture really creates a visual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy Pauch's Last Speech truly is an inspiration and a great guide in how to be a good educator.

    ReplyDelete