Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blog # 8

How we Dream
This is How we Dream is a 7 minute movie that discusses the evolution of books to computers. The author talks about his childhood and how he loves books and writing things down. He talks about how it is possible to write articles, do research and projects without having to go into a library.It is very possible to do research and projects without the use of a library because of the fast and advanced technological of the internet.

He later discusses how magazines and articles can exist online as well as on paper back form. This is very convenient and efficient. The internet is used freely without charge. Different forms of multimedia such as video and emails can now be used instead of standard mailing with the post office.
Lastly he teaches his students how to combine written, video and audio information together to form a great document with useful information. Overall this was a informative and insightful video.


Clipper Video
I would like to create lively and animated videos. I would love to transform into cartoon characters and interact with children. I think this would really grasp there attention ad keep them interested in what I have to say. I would also like to include music and sound effects.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

This video was very helpful and informational. It discussed the different ways children learn. Now is the time to change as time and generations change. It is so important to evolve as our world changes. If not we will lose children because of boredom and lack of technological advances.
Overall this video really woke me up and pulled me into reality. It showed me the importance of my education. If I am not fully equipped with the education and correct teaching tools, I cannot teach to the best of my capability. My children will fail and I will fail as an educator if we do not change with the world.



RSA Animate The Secret Powers of Time
There are six main time zones in the world. They are past present and future. Most people are future orientated. Many people believe that life begins after death because of their religion. This video says that your position on the Earth determines what type of person you are.
It is believed people in the north are future oriented and south are past present oriented.

Basically the video goes into depth about the effects of planning. This video talks about taking inventory of how you use your time. It is also know n that different cultures have different pace of life. Every city is known for something different. High pace of life have the most heart problems. There are more boys dropping out of school which is creating more boys who cannot communicate properly.

The video really touches on patience and time. We live in a microwave society and we want everything quickly. Overall the video made me realize the importance of time and the way I choose to spend my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment