Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog # 5

Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog

I really enjoyed listening to the third graders and their podcast. I had the pleasure of listening to the podcast after I created my own podcast I learned so much out of this video, that I could write a book. I did not know that I could use background music while creating a podcast. It helped to create a mental image and helped me to keep me focused while listening.

I learned that the Ancient Romans often fought for glory. It was almost as if they created different chapters to their podcast by changing the background music. It amazes me how much the music can influence emotion and mood while listening. I really felt like I traveled to Rome. This video taught me how to capture the attention of my listeners and also keep it. Overall I learned that podcasting does not only include talking but creating a visual effect for my viewers to enjoy.



Benefits of Podcasting

There are many positive benefits of podcasting inside the classroom. Podcast helps students to not only learn, but also teach how to each other using podcast. Podcast helps students to use higher order thinking skills. It also helps parents keep up with what is going on inside the classroom. I really enjoyed watching the small girl use the podcast while staying at home after catching a fever.

Since the children in today society are known as Millennium children, the podcast really relates to the way that they learn. Millennium children are kids who spend the majority of their time either on the internet or using the cell phones. Not only does podcasting allow children to learn new things, it also helps them to be created and innovative. I plan on using podcast in my classroom throughout the future. I believe it would really enhance my classroom by giving it many diverse ways of learning technological abilities.

100 Ways to Use Ipods and Study Better

The 100 ways to use Ipods and Study Better was very informative. It gave a lot of much needed information as well as websites that are great to use while creating a podcast. I learned that Google had a network that allows you to stay current on the news. I also learned about Ipod Spanish that could be used for multicultural students in any classroom. I also loved the Bible study application for the Ipod.

Throughout the blog post I learned many new and exciting things that I will take with me years to come. I enjoyed creating my podcast and spending time with my classmates. Not only did I learn about podcast during this time, but also team work. I am sure all of us have learned a lot while creating our podcast. We will take away something amazing form this class. This experience was amazing! 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better | The Best Article Every day

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful analysis of the production aspect regarding Roamin with the Romans in contrast to your own podcasting experience.

    Your enthusiasm is great, and I hope you mean what you say because I really look forward to working alongside progressive teachers in Mobile County!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bring up really good points on what podcasting can be used for. In the Roamin' with the Romans podcast you were right about the music. It changed with every topic and it really set the mood. I enjoyed reading about your opinions in this post.

    ReplyDelete