Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blog # 11

The kids in Ms Cassidy class are very well rounded. They maintain and keep up their own personal blogs. I love how Ms.Cassidy challenges them to use smart boards but also computers and wikis. She not only teaches her students academic skills but also life skills and also communication skills. She influences them to talk to one another and treat each other fairly.

She stated that they are Little Kids with Big potential. Ms. Casssidy is really preparing her students for the future. In order to teach technology effectively you must be willing to learn and grow with your children as they learn. I am blown away at their communication skills and also there reading skills.

I also like w she introduces her students to creating videos at a young age. I really didn’t learn about videos until I reached college. This is really teaching them responsibility and helps them grow and mature into great students.

As I watched the Skype video I noticed how enthused the students in the back of Dr. Strange classroom seemed. I think it is such a pleasure to receive information from people who have already walked in the path that you desire to travel.
Overall Ms. Cassidy is doing a wonderful job at teaching her students technology and proper use of the internet. They are very smart children that will grow up to be prosperous adults.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica,

    Can you believe that these students are this advanced and yet they are so young? It is really hard for me to believe it, but I know that if students are given the tools, then they really can accomplish many things.
    You bring up a good point about videos. I think videos are such a great way to learn. Students should know how to use videos because they are such an important part of their lives these days.

    Good post Jessica,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete